April 01, 2017

Books and More Books

I've been on a reading kick lately. Here are a few novels I've enjoyed:

Part mystery, part family drama, I finished this novel in two days flat. Great writing. Highly recommended.


I loved the premise of this book - a post-apocalyptic re-imagining of the Lewis and Clark saga - but it didn't quite live up to expectations. If you like post-apocalyptic stories, you'll enjoy this. If not, don't bother.


 
This is the best book I've read in years. A gripping espionage novel, and a powerful story of love and friendship. The narrator, a communist double agent, is a “man of two minds,” a half-French, half-Vietnamese army captain who arranges to come to America after the Fall of Saigon, and while building a new life with other Vietnamese refugees in Los Angeles is secretly reporting back to his communist superiors in Vietnam.



I loved this book. Set deep in the Appalachian wilderness between the years of 1779 and 1784, The Land Breakers is a saga of early America and the homesteading life. If you like historical fiction, this book is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment