January 31, 2013

Saved Articles #2: Chess


Ah, Chess.  How you continue to fascinate me. 

Today's post is a list of Chess tips, which I have a tendency to bookmark when I go through one of my chess phases.

And what does a "chess phase" consist of?

It usually takes place during the winter, but lazy summer days are fair game, too. This is when I find myself playing more than a few opponents at one time, usually on my iPhone using the Chess With Friends app.

As for the link above, where else can you get great advice like this?

Don’t be greedy! Sometimes you may find an easy pawn to pick up but it may be a trap (‘poisoned pawn’). Accepting it will often allow the opponent to launch a powerful attack and often the best way to neutralize is to return that material instead of trying to hold on to it. 
When in trouble, remember that attack is often the best form of defense. Look for such possibility.
Do not launch a premature attack. Develop your pieces such that they coordinate well with one another and then plan your attack.
 Sooner or later I need to start playing some in-person games. All this technology is making me anti-social.

No comments:

Post a Comment